Saturday, March 11, 2006

And then I botched it

Being a corporate sell out is hard. Sure, the pay is decent, but the hours, the work, and managing several on-going projects takes a toll. Monday's are especially hard, yet I had made plans to meet this kid from The Joyce for a martini at Sirens later that evening. Ok, so I really did want to talk to him too. When we were at The Joyce, he didn't recognize me. I told him what he drinks, that I had served him the previous weekend at Ringside, and that when going out on Tuesdays I don't normally wear a cherry red wig.

His eye's show a flicker of recognition.

Oh! I thought you were so much more in...
Intimidating?
Well, I was going to say intense.

We made plans for the following Monday night. I got home from work that evening and decided to take a quick nap before going out. A quick nap turns into sleeping on the couch for four hours while the TV blares in the background. I wake up about two hours after I was supposed to meet him at the bar to two missed calls and a voicemail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So even though we know the spoiler, this particular blog entry leaves us painfully hanging.

I just thought you should know.

Natalie said...

we were starting to add more and more content to the blog and then got distracted by the neighborhood :)