Friday, March 10, 2006

Dinner

Harris came over to the table and we made small talk. I can't remember what exactly we talked about, our lives, our mutual dissatisfaction with our jobs, how we ended up in Durham the usual chitter chatter. Then we end up on torch singers. Seems this man sitting across from me thinks he's got better knowledge or connections and can get any song I want. I've played this game before lovey.

Kate Smith- Call me irresponsible.

Done he says.

Kate Smith did indeed record a version of call me irresponsible, however, it was only ever released on LP. To get it, you've got to find the LP or someone who has played the LP into a microphone in their computer. Alternatively you could convince whoever owns the rights to actually put it on a cd instead of the 18 million versions of God Bless America they seem so fascinated with.

We'll see if this version ever actually shows up :) I tease him about it still sometimes.


We continue in this nice little dance of dinner, drinks, trivia, sundays, and a slow introduction to the mob...

No comments: