Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Harris: Homeowner

Yeah, so it's not exactly related to why Natalie and I aren't getting married, per se, but it does indeed have to do with our future. A shiny, shiny future. Right. So I bought a house. It took a month of scrambling for a different signed piece of paper every day, but I got a mortgage and construction loan on an old house, pretty close to where we live now. It's going to take some work but with the help of a couple of good contractors, Nat and I can do it (well, I can do it. Nat can do all the stuff that I don't want to when she gets back. You know... painting, putting up tile, getting the zombies out of the basement...)

And it's not that I'm afraid of zombies, per se. I just don't want to do ALL of the fun things and leave her with only revelling in the coolness of our soon to be bad ass house.

I digress. Work will actually commence tomorrow on restoring this somewhat dilapidated behemoth back to its former glory. In the days and weeks to come, there will be fun, fun parties there. Like, let's break the walls that shouldn't be there anymore parties. And let's rip up this awful, dirty, and completely unnecessary carpet parties. Admittedly, I might be dancing with myself at said parties, but hey, as long as I have a positive outlook, right? And the zombies stay in the basement?

3 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

Hi Natalie,

Stumbled onto your site through a labyrinth of Durham links. I'm from Hillsborough originally, have been in Boston for the past three years. I'm a photographer. I totally dig your marriage views and feel much the same (although it's pretty dreamy in Mass... I photographed my gay friends' wedding just last spring). My boyfriend Matt is (most likely) going to UNC for an urban planning degree, so we'll be Southbound this summer and want to live in Cleveland-Holloway area. Just wanted to introduce myself!

Jessie

Freddie said...

I noticed not much going on lately on this site or the Cleveland-Holloway site...Any ideas why? I went to look at a house today right near the one you guys just bought...Only reason I knew it was yours is cause of the sign in the front that said your names...Anyways, My fiance and I would like to meet you guys and talk more about that area...Please shoot me an email: elnene2k@yahoo.com